- Q. - Which country is known as ‘Land of Thousand Lakes’
Description Of This Question
Drive through Finland in the summer and you’ll find two colours dominating the scenery: green and blue. The forested landscape is dotted with patches of water – or, in some areas, vice versa – so numerous they have earned Finland the nickname “the land of the thousand lakes”.
In fact, the moniker is an understatement, as there are a total of 188 000 lakes in Finland. From the metropolitan area around Helsinki all the way up to Inari in Lapland, Finland is filled with oases of the clean blue.
Finns feel certain closeness to the element of water, and it is a source of livelihood for many. Lakeland in Eastern Finland is where Saimaa, the country’s greatest lake, is situated. It is home to the Saimaa ringed seal, one of the most endangered species in the world, and nestles several cities on its shores.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has been awarded with Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration 2017?
- अमित शाह, स्मृति ईरानी और अहमद पटेल ने किस राज्य की राज्यसभा का चुनाव जीता है?
- निम्नलिखित में से किस फॉर्मूला-1 टीम के ड्राइवर सेबास्टियन वेटल ने शानदार प्रदर्शन कर बहरीन ग्रां.प्री रेस जीत ली है?
- First chairmanship in New Development Bank ?
- Which state’s government is planning to declare “no school bag day” on Saturdays in all the state-run schools?