Sports Facilities Provided by Uttarakhand Government
Uttarakhand state was established on 9th November 2000 as the 27th state of the country. It has been created from the northern Uttar Pradesh. Apart from Hindu temples and pilgrim centres, it is also a popular state for tremendous achievements sports field. The state has been producing many sports persons like Jaspal Rana, Ekta Bisht, Mansi Joshi, Bachendri Pal, Nain Singh Rawat, Unmukt Chand, Tashi & Nungshi. They all have been exploring much in their respective fields.
Table of Contents
Department of Sports – Uttarakhand
Sports department of Uttarakhand government is situated in Dehradun. The department deals in planning to construct stadiums and providing full support to the sports activities. Presently, around 11 stadiums in 11 districts are under construction. Indian Olympic Games are also proposed to be held in the Dehradun and Haldwani state. Mr. Arvind Pandey governs the sports & education related activities in this state. The Uttarakhand Cricket Association is the responsible authority for cricket activities and Uttarakhand Cricket Team.
Policy Made by State Government in Sports Field
- To provide sports facilities and offer an opportunity to the citizens to develop physical ability.
- Strengthen and development of sports infrastructure facilities.
- To provide a good base to sports, inclusion of sports and physical education as a subject in educational curriculum.
- Advertisement of sports.
- To provide training to the best players for participating in national and international games.
- Organizing training camps and sports competitions.
- Prizes to the players won at national or international games.
- Providing sports kit to all the national level tournament players.
- Training camps and facilities for players.
- Organizing sports competitions from zonal to state level.
- Organize sports hostel in various district sports offices.
- Provide financial support to needy sport players.
Financial Support Details
Here we are mentioning details of financial support to sports players. It may be applicable if the sport personnel facing livelihood problems due to financial conditions or their income is lesser than 20K per month.