IBPS RRB G.K. Power Capsule For RRB Exam 2015 – General awareness Part 1
This capsule is specially designed for RRB upcoming exam. Here we are introducing Key Points of general awareness.
Table of Contents
Key Points To Remember For IBPS RRB Examination -IBPS RRB G.K. Power Capsule For RRB Exam 2015
- Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) became the world leader in Initial Public Offerings(IPO).
- Former South African cricketer Allan Donald resigned as the bowling coach of South Africa Cricket
- PM Modi became the first Indian prime minister in over 42 years to visit Canada.
- North Korea’s Foreign Minister, Ri Su-yong, arrived in New Delhi,India on a three day visit.
- The Union home ministry has renamed the tourist visa-on-arrival scheme as ‘e-tourist visa’ scheme.
- India has slipped 6 places to rank 89th on a global Networked Readiness Index.
- India and Canada signed an agreement on uranium supply.
- BALCO’s IT major Reena Srivastava won 2015’s “INFOSEC MAESTROS Top 50
Most Promising CEO Award”.
- Meenakshi Madan Rai sworn in as the first lady judge of the Sikkim High Court.
- Mohan Kumar has been appointed the next Ambassador to France.
- India retained its No. 2 position in the ODI rankings.
- Pakistan successfully test- fired a new ballistic missile, Ghauri missile.
- Sachin Tendulkar was inducted as one of the five new members into the prestigious
Laureus Sports Academy.
- Former Prime Minister of Nepal, Surya Bahadur Thapa passed away.
- Nokia announced to acquire French telecommunications firm Alcatel-Lucent for around $16.6 billion.
- Moody’s pegged India’s growth at 7.5 percent for 2015.
- Satya Nadella was honoured with the ‘White House Champions of Change’ Award.
- Satya Nadella is the first Indian-origin Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft.
- Raja Rajeswari has become the first person of Indian descent to be named as a
criminal court judge in New York City.
- Vivek Oberoi has been named for the prestigious ‘Dada Saheb Phalke Pride Award 2015’.
- India successfully test fired its nuclear-capable Agni-III ballistic missile.
- The UN peace envoy to Yemen, Jamal Benomar, has resigned.
- Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic was named the Laureus Sportsman of the Year.
- Ethiopian sprinter Genzebe Dibaba was named the Laureus Sportswoman of the Year.
- Gujarat government formed a task force to make strategy and provide suggestions
on poverty elimination in the state.
- Supreme Court appoints CBI SP Vivek Priyadarshi to head team probing IPL scandal 2013.
- India has clinched three awards in the annual awards given by Asian Squash Federation (ASF).
- Mary Kom has been named best film at the Stockholm International Film Festival Junior in Sweden.
- Sitaram Yechury was unanimously elected CPI (M)’s new General Secretary.
- State Government of Kerala launched Subodham project, to help people in the state
to overcome addiction to liquor.
- Shahrukh Khan was honoured with the ‘Outstanding Contribution to Cinema’ award
at the 5th annual Asian Awards in London.
- Britain’s swimmer Adam Peaty has broken the men’s 100-meter breaststroke world record.
IPC) has suspended the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) for indefinite period.
- The annual trade deficit for India for fiscal year 2014-15 increased to touch $137 billion.
- Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton won the Bahrain Grand Prix for the second year in a
- India’s Y. Pranjala has won the Asian Junior Tennis championship title.
- Maharashtra Government announced the target of 14400 MW power generation by
- Cricket South Africa (CSA) announced a new tournament to be known as the Africa T20 Cup.
- Eminent historian Professor Christopher Alan Bayly died in Chicago. He was 70.
- The government has retained the rate of interest for General Provident Fund (GPF) at 8.7 per cent for
the current fiscal.
- Pakistan conferred its top civilian award ‘Nishan-e-Pakistan’ on Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- The Income Tax Department was awarded ‘Prime Minister’s award.
- The Indian passport has been ranked 48th in a list of 50 most powerful travel documents in the world.
- Metals and mining conglomerate Sesa Sterlite Ltd has changed its name to Vedanta Ltd.
- Shah Rukh Khan has been conferred with Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2015.
- Jaya Prada was conferred with Kalashree Award by the Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation.
- World Bank established Pollution Management and Environmental Health (PHEM) program.
- The New York Times won two prestigious Pulitzer prizes for coverage of the Ebola outbreak in West
- ICICI Bank launched a payment service ‘Tap-n-Pay’.
- Janaki Ballabh Patnaik, a three-time Odisha Chief Minister and former Governor of Assam, passed
- Loretta Lynch has been chosen as the new attorney general of America.