Arunachal Assembly Passes Bill For Creation Of 3 New Districts
The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly passed a bill for the creation of three new districts, Pakke-Kesang, Lepa Rada and Shi Yomi, in the state.
Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein had introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Re-Organisation of Districts (Amendment) Bill 2018 .The Assembly passed the by bill by voice vote.
For creating new regions in the country, the Arunachal Pradesh Assembly passed a bill for the creation of three new districts — Pakke-Kesang, Lepa Rada and Shi Yomi — in the state.
- The Pakke-Kessang district will be carved out of East Kameng district with five administrative units namely Pakke-Kessangn, Seijosa, Pijiriang, Passa Valley and Dissingn Passo with district headquarters at Lemmi.
- The Lepa Rada district would be created by bifurcating the Lower Siang district with headquarters at Basar.
- The district would have four administrative units: Tirbin, Basar, Daring and Sago.
- The Shi-Yomi district would be created by bifurcating the West Siang district with its headquarters at Tato.
- The district would have four administrative units namely Mechuka, Tato, Pidi and Manigong.
- Arunachal Pradesh at present has 22 districts.