Current Affairs 19 to 20th May 2017, GK Quiz with Questions & Answers
Here are today’s current affairs 19 & 20 May 2017 quiz with questions and answers, where are national, international, sports, business, political, awards events affairs available for IBPS PO, SSC, Group C, CLAT, RRB, Bank Clerical and other competitive exams 2017.
GK Affairs 19 May 2017 Questions & Answers – General Awareness Quiz
- Q. - What is the theme of 2017 World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD)?
- Q. - Which Indian-American student has won the 2017 National Geographic Bee contest?
- Q. - Reema Lagoo, who passed away recently, was associated with which field?
- Q. - Which Indian scientist has won the 2017 Dan David prize in the “Future” category?
- Q. - Anil Madhav Dave, who passed away recently, was the union minister of which department?
- Q. - Which Indian wildlife activist has won the 2017 Whitley Awards?
- Q. - Muhammed Anas, who recently qualified for 2017 London World Athletics Championships, hails from which Indian state?
- Q. - What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for 2017, as per recently revised UN “World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) as of mid-2017” report?
- Q. - Which Indian personality has been named in the Forbes’s 2017 Global Game Changers list?
- Q. - Which of the following has been adjudged as the cleanest railway station in category A1, as per recently released report by the Ministry of Railways?
Latest Current Affairs 19th May 2017India Imposed Anti Dumping Duty on Chemical Aluminum Imported by China
One of the Latest International News is that on May 18 2017 India imposed Anti Dumping Duty on Chemical Aluminum which was imported by our Neighborhood country China. Chinese Chemical was used in Pharma industry and Aluminum Foil to protect the domestic industry from Cheap imports 1.63 $ per kg Anti dumping duty was particularly imposed Aluminum foil and 8.71 us Dollar duty was imposed on imports of amoxicillin which mainly used in Pharmaceutical field where medicine and other chemical products are prepared. Most important thing about this Anti Dumping duty is that it will effective for 5 years.Pranay Varada a Indian Origin American Student Won National geography Bee Competition
14 year old a Indian origin American Student Pranay Varanda Won National Geographic Bee Competition on may 18th 2017. This Competition is held every year since 1989 in America. Pranay Varada got 50000 US dollar as a scholarship and other prize. So its proud moment to all Indians as well that a Indian origin won this high level Competition which is organized every year by National Geographic. When he correctly identified the kunlun Mountain as the 1200 mile range that separate Taklimakan from Tibetan Plateau. he was declared as the winner of this competition. Veda Bhattaram another Indian who also participate in this competition was at third position so it is proud moment to all of us. This question may be come on any competitive exam so you must know this internation news.Shrinivas Kulkarni Indian Scientist Won Dan David Prize 2017
This is a proud moment to all Indians that a Indian Scientist Shrinivas Kulkarni won the Dan David Prize 2017 for his excellent contribution in the field of astronomy. This award was given in the category of “Future” which is dedicated to astronomy this this year. Shrinivas kulkarni will share this awrd with Andrej udalski of university of Warsaw and Neil Gehrels of NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration). He is a professor of Astrophysics in California institute of Technology.India’s Most Valuable Brand is Tata Goup- Brand Finance
Tata Group is listed as the Most Valuable Brand of India 2017 which is reported by Brand Finance on May 17th 2017. Estimated brand Value of Tata Group is $13.1 billion. Brand Finance is a globule brand valuation and strategy consultancy firm which gives its report every year as a list of 100 Top most valuable brand of a particular country. This year the Tata group was at the top of list. Tata is a multinational company of India and Owner of Tata Group is Ratan Tata. Last year value of Tata Group was $ 13.7 billion even after declining 4 percent it is at the top of 100 Most Valuable Brand In India 2017. List of Top five most valuable company of India in 2017 is as follows . Telecom company Airtel was listed at second position with estimated value of $7.7 Billion, Third LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) $6.8 billion, IT firm Infosys at Fourth position with $6.2 billion and Fifth sate bank Of India with the value of $5.5 billion.
So here were we have shared current affairs of 19th & 20th May 2017 with all of you aspirants who are preparing for SSC , IBPS, RRB and other competitive exams / civil services exams in 2017. If you feel you can describe a question in a better way so please hit comment below, that we can make changes here over our questions. Signup Today for Competitive Exam Preparation.