- Q. - Who has will be the new Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog?
Description Of This Question
Noted economist Dr. Rajiv Kumar will be the new Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog, which is a think-tank that replaced the Planning Commission. He will succeed Arvind Panagariya, who will leave the government think tank on August 31, 2017 and return to Columbia University. Currently, Rajiv Kumar is a senior fellow at the Centre for Policy Research, a non-governmental think tank on public policy based out of New Delhi. He had also been part of a Government appointed high-level search Panel that went into the appointment of regulators in the Indian financial sector. Meanwhile, the Centre has also appointed Vinod Paul, a Paediatrician at AIIMS, as a member of NITI Aayog.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who appointed as Arbitrate by the Government of India for Vodafone tax case ?
- The G-7 Foreign Ministers meeting has started in which country?
- Which of these is a WRONG match?
- Which of the following statements with respect to Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) is correct?
I. It replaces the earlier Central Sector Scheme SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters).
II.It has been approved for the period 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle with an allocation of Rs 6000 crore.
- With which bank BSNL has joined hand to launch new mobile wallet named “Speedpay”?