- Q. - Who has won the 2017 women’s singles Wimbledon tennis tournament?
Description Of This Question
Garbine Muguruza Blanco, a Spanish-Venezuelan professional tennis player, has won the 2017 women’s singles Wimbledon Tennis tournament by defeating Venus Williams in the final by 7-5, 6-0 at All England Club in London, United Kingdom (UK). This was Muguruza’s second Grand Slam singles title and she became the second Spanish woman to win Wimbledon after Conchita Martínez in 1994. Muguruza also became the first player to defeat both Williams sisters in Grand Slams singles finals.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Santosh trophy is related to?
- Who awarded with GCHERA World Agriculture Prize for the year 2015 ?
- Who has been sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of India (CJI)?
- Which state government has recently declared Dailong village as biodiversity heritage site of the state?
- Ved Prakash Sharma, who passed away recently, was the renowned novelist of which language?