- Q. - Which country has renamed part of the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea?
Description Of This QuestionIndonesia has renamed the northern reaches of its exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea on July 14, 2017. It is the latest act of resistance by Southeast Asian nations to China’s territorial ambitions in the maritime region. The part of the renamed sea is claimed by China under its contentious maritime boundary, known as the “nine-dash line”, that encompasses most of the resource-rich sea. It should be noted that the South China Sea is a crucial shipping route and believed to be rich in natural resources, such as oil and gas.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which country Energy Efficiency Services Limited ( EESL) of India has launched UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable Lighting for All) Scheme?
- Who among the following won the award “Central Bank Governor of the year, Asia 2015”?
- Who has been appointed as brand ambassador for anti- liquor & anti-drug campaign for Kerala Government?Who has been appointed as brand ambassador for anti- liquor & anti-drug campaign for Kerala Government?
- Jammu & Kashmir east boundary is ?
- From where do plants get energy?