- Q. - Which country has renamed part of the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea?
Description Of This QuestionIndonesia has renamed the northern reaches of its exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea on July 14, 2017. It is the latest act of resistance by Southeast Asian nations to China’s territorial ambitions in the maritime region. The part of the renamed sea is claimed by China under its contentious maritime boundary, known as the “nine-dash line”, that encompasses most of the resource-rich sea. It should be noted that the South China Sea is a crucial shipping route and believed to be rich in natural resources, such as oil and gas.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who appointed as life President of Hockey India ?
- The National Police Academy is located at ?
- On which date Olaf Pooley, the famous Hollywood actor died ?
- Who has become the first Indian to win gold at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship?
- In which state India’s first centre of excellence for differently-abled sportsmen will be set up?