- Q. - The National Gandhi Museum (NGM) is located in which city?
Description Of This Question
The National Gandhi Museum (NGM) is located in New Delhi i.e. showcasing the life and principles of Mahatma Gandhi. The museum first opened in Mumbai, shortly after Gandhi was assassinated in 1948. The museum relocated several times before moving to Rajghat, New Delhi in 1961, next to the Samadhi of Mahatma Gandhi. The museum is in news because Dr. Y P Anand, the former Director of National Gandhi Museum (NGM), has authored the book ‘Historical Background to the Imposition of Salt Tax under the British Rule in India (1757-1947) and Mahatma Gandhi s Salt Satyagraha (1930-31) against the British Rule Background’. The book is recently launched by the Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism, at Gandhi Smriti in New Delhi on July 13, 2017. This book is extremely important for India, especially in the present times, wherein there is a need for humanity in the world.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the India’s GDP growth rate in FY 17, as per the latest report of World Bank (WB)?
- The 15th edition of Indo-French naval exercise ‘Varuna’ has started in which of the following sea ports?
- Who is the author of the book “Confessions of a dying mind: the blind faith of atheism”?
- The five person Experts Committee constituted by Ministry of Defence has given green signal for the development of Indo-Russian ‘Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft” (FGFA). Who headed the Committee?
- Which football team has won the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup?