- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Index?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 116th out of 157 nations with a score of 58.1 at the 2017 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) index and Dashboards Report that assesses the performance of countries towards achieving the ambitious SDGs. Sweden has topped the list, followed by Denmark and Finland. The 2017 SDG Index and Dashboards Report, released by Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and the Bertelsmann Stiftung, shows that world leaders need to strengthen their joint efforts to realize the 17 global goals. The SDG Index ranks countries based on their performance across the 17 SDGs, including economic development, environmental sustainability, social inclusion, underpinned by good governance. The index collected available data for 157 countries to assess where each country stands in 2017 with regard to achieving the SDGs. It helps countries identify priorities for early actions and shows that every country faces major challenges in achieving these ambitious goals.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Recently, Sualgiri and Swalgiri communities have been notified as Scheduled Castes in the Indian constitution. The communities are associated with which state?
- What is the theme of the 2017 World Immunization Week?
- Kodak still ________monochrome film.
- Which online facility has been launched by the Union Government to provide direct solution to problem of agriculture sector?
- Which country will host the Implementation and Assessment Group Meeting of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT)?