- Q. - India’s first solar-powered 1600 HP DEMU train has launched from which railway station?
Description Of This Question
India’s first solar-powered 1600 HP Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) broad gauge train has launched from Safdarjung railway station to promote clean and renewable energy. The train will run from Sarai Rohilla in Delhi to Farukh Nagar in Haryana. The solar power DEMU train has six trailer coaches and is expected to save about 21,000 litres of diesel and ensure a cost saving of Rs 12 lakh per year. The coaches are equipped with a battery bank which will optimize solar energy to full load and provide power at night. There will also be a reduction of 1350 tons of carbon dioxide per train over the same time period.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who hits 6 sixes in an over in world cup T20 ?
- Who has won the 2017 Men’s Singles title of Monte Carlo Masters Tennis tournament?
- Narendra modi is the second prime minister who gave speech in Hindi in UN, first was ?
- On 2nd June 2015 a conference on Make in India- Indigenisation of currency was organised by the department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India. Who inaugurated the Conference?
- Who is the founder of Homeopathy ?