- Q. - India’s first solar-powered 1600 HP DEMU train has launched from which railway station?
Description Of This Question
India’s first solar-powered 1600 HP Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) broad gauge train has launched from Safdarjung railway station to promote clean and renewable energy. The train will run from Sarai Rohilla in Delhi to Farukh Nagar in Haryana. The solar power DEMU train has six trailer coaches and is expected to save about 21,000 litres of diesel and ensure a cost saving of Rs 12 lakh per year. The coaches are equipped with a battery bank which will optimize solar energy to full load and provide power at night. There will also be a reduction of 1350 tons of carbon dioxide per train over the same time period.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which railway station of India became 1st visually challenged friendly station ?
- Which State Governor has taken the additional charge of Tamilnadu due to Current Governor Konijeti Rosaiah’s tenure ended on August 30?
- How many nations have signed a treaty to ban nuclear weapons?
- Which colour of the ball used during the Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament ?
- मूल अभिकारो को लागू करने के संभंध में रिट जारी करने के लिए निम्नलिखित प्राधिकरणों में से कौन सक्षम है / हैं?