- Q. - India’s first solar-powered 1600 HP DEMU train has launched from which railway station?
Description Of This Question
India’s first solar-powered 1600 HP Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) broad gauge train has launched from Safdarjung railway station to promote clean and renewable energy. The train will run from Sarai Rohilla in Delhi to Farukh Nagar in Haryana. The solar power DEMU train has six trailer coaches and is expected to save about 21,000 litres of diesel and ensure a cost saving of Rs 12 lakh per year. The coaches are equipped with a battery bank which will optimize solar energy to full load and provide power at night. There will also be a reduction of 1350 tons of carbon dioxide per train over the same time period.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India becomes World’s 7th most valued ?
- The Government of India (GoI) has recently approved investment proposal for generation component of Arun-3 Hydro Electric Project in which country?
- Who will head the committee formed by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to review UGC recommendations?
- SAC headquarters located at?
- Union Cabinet approved the MoU on BRICS Agriculture Research Platform (BRICS-ARP). During which BRICS Summit the BRICS-ARP was proposed to be set up?