- Q. - The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved how much amount of loan to build roads in Gujarat?
Description Of This Question
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has recently approved $329 million loan to build access roads to 4,000 villages in all 33 districts of Gujarat. This project will construct and upgrade district and farm-to-market roads for the villagers and provide approaches to educational institutions, schools and hospitals. The upgraded road access is expected to have a positive impact on women and girls by improving school attendance rates as the latter drop out due to lack of access to all weather roads. The project will also better integrate rural population, tribal villages, business and industries with the national and state economy through better transport connectivity. This is a standalone project by AIIB and part of phase one of the multi-phase Gujarat’s ‘Chief Minister’s Rural Roads Programme’ that complements the Centre’s ‘Prime Minister’s Rural Roads Programme’. To monitor the project’s progress, the AIIB will pilot a software tool specifically developed for this. The AIIB is a multilateral development bank, headquartered in Beijing, which commenced its operation in January 2016 and has now grown to 80 approved members from around the world.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has launched “Kakatiya Hub for Social Innovation” India’s first social innovation centre?
- Who won Hero Women’s Indian Open 2015 ?
- Which of the following two Countries released Joint Challenged Coin ?
- Who has launched a nationwide health campaign to sensitise women about the early screening and the preventive care for cancer?
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved revision of the Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) guidelines. When was the ICWF set up?