- Q. - The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved how much amount of loan to build roads in Gujarat?
Description Of This Question
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has recently approved $329 million loan to build access roads to 4,000 villages in all 33 districts of Gujarat. This project will construct and upgrade district and farm-to-market roads for the villagers and provide approaches to educational institutions, schools and hospitals. The upgraded road access is expected to have a positive impact on women and girls by improving school attendance rates as the latter drop out due to lack of access to all weather roads. The project will also better integrate rural population, tribal villages, business and industries with the national and state economy through better transport connectivity. This is a standalone project by AIIB and part of phase one of the multi-phase Gujarat’s ‘Chief Minister’s Rural Roads Programme’ that complements the Centre’s ‘Prime Minister’s Rural Roads Programme’. To monitor the project’s progress, the AIIB will pilot a software tool specifically developed for this. The AIIB is a multilateral development bank, headquartered in Beijing, which commenced its operation in January 2016 and has now grown to 80 approved members from around the world.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Where was the second meeting of India-UK Home Affairs Dialogue held?
- The FIBA Asia Cup, the biggest basketball tournament of the continent, got underway on August 8, 2017 in _______.
- Which state government has recently launched “Adarsh Gram Yojana” for rural poor?
- Which among the following was ranked world’s most affordable tech city as per Savills Tech Cities 2017 rankings?
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) in July 2017 agreed to award the 2024 and 2028 Games to two cities. Name the two cities that will be hosting the 2024 and 2028 Olympic Games.