- Q. - Who has won the 2017 Man Booker International Prize?
Description Of This Question
David Grossman has become the first Israeli author to win the 2017 Man Booker International prize for his novel “A Horse Walks Into a Bar”. The novel was translated by Jessica Cohen and is published in Britain by Jonathan Cape. The book is an ambitious high-wire act of a novel that shines a spotlight on the effects of grief, without any hint of sentimentality. Since 2016, the Man Booker International Prize awards both the winning author and translator £25,000. To be considered for the prize, books had to be translated into English and published in the UK between May 1, 2016 and April 30, 2017.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The new Index of Industrial Production (IIP) series for India will be calculated on which base year?
- Which ministry announced 7 pronged strategy namely “indradhanush” ?
- Which country has become the largest stainless steel producer in the world in 2016, according to data released by the International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF) 2017?
- Imtiaz Ahmed, who passed away recently, was the former cricketer of which country?
- Which of the following countries is not a member of BIMSTEC?