- Q. - Who has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament?
Description Of This Question
Jelena Ostapenk, a Latvian professional tennis player, has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament by defeating Simona Halep from Romania in the final by 4–6, 6–4, 6–3. With this win, Ostapenk became the first Latvian player to win a Grand Slam singles tournament and the first unseeded woman to win the French Open since 1933. She is known for her highly aggressive playing style, including powerful inside-out groundstrokes and a tendency to aim for the lines.
Related Topics & Questions:
- International Friendship Day is observed on_____________
- Which of the following Indian cities was recently declared the UNESCO World Heritage City?
- India won which award for conserving Sree Vadakkunnathan Temple situated in Kerala ?
- Who is appointed as Prime Minister of Congo ?
- Which of the following is a sink for CO ?