- Q. - Who has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament?
Description Of This Question
Jelena Ostapenk, a Latvian professional tennis player, has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament by defeating Simona Halep from Romania in the final by 4–6, 6–4, 6–3. With this win, Ostapenk became the first Latvian player to win a Grand Slam singles tournament and the first unseeded woman to win the French Open since 1933. She is known for her highly aggressive playing style, including powerful inside-out groundstrokes and a tendency to aim for the lines.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Forbidden city of china situated at?
- The Ntangki National Park is located in which state?
- Recently, who has been announced as captain of IPL team ‘Gujarat Lions”?
- The National Trust Foundation Day (NTFD) is observed on which date in India?
- Who has been bestowed with the prestigious P C Chandra Puraskaar 2017?