- Q. - Who has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament?
Description Of This Question
Jelena Ostapenk, a Latvian professional tennis player, has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament by defeating Simona Halep from Romania in the final by 4–6, 6–4, 6–3. With this win, Ostapenk became the first Latvian player to win a Grand Slam singles tournament and the first unseeded woman to win the French Open since 1933. She is known for her highly aggressive playing style, including powerful inside-out groundstrokes and a tendency to aim for the lines.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which of the following states mobile wallet “Speedpay” will be launched?
- World heritage site by UNSECO in 1985?
- The G-7 Foreign Ministers meeting has started in which country?
- Which country is host to the 4th BIMSTEC Summit-2017?
- Which is the only Indian monument to figure in the world’s top 10 TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice awards for Landmarks?