- Q. - Who has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament?
Description Of This Question
Jelena Ostapenk, a Latvian professional tennis player, has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament by defeating Simona Halep from Romania in the final by 4–6, 6–4, 6–3. With this win, Ostapenk became the first Latvian player to win a Grand Slam singles tournament and the first unseeded woman to win the French Open since 1933. She is known for her highly aggressive playing style, including powerful inside-out groundstrokes and a tendency to aim for the lines.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who is the newly elected Chief Justice of Pakistan?
- The Union Cabinet has approved how much percentage of Central Road Fund (CRF) for development and maintenance of National Waterways (NWs)?
- Who is the newly appointed chairman of Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT)?
- Who has launched Asia’s Biggest Telescope ?
- Indian shuttler C Rahul Yadav won the men’s singles title at the Lagos Open badminton tournament. In which country was the tournament held?