- Q. - Who recently became the first Indian to win the Capablanca Memorial Chess tournament at Varadero, Cuba?
Description Of This Question
Indian Grandmaster Krishnan Sasikiran won the 52nd Capablanca Memorial Chess tournament at Varadero, Cuba. With this, he became the first Indian to achieve such a feat. To win the title, Sasikiran played out a quick draw against Isan Reynaldo Ortiz Suarez of Cuba in the 10th and final round to earn 6.5 points.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country has become the first country in the world to ban the mining of metals?
- Who has taken the additional charge of Economic Affairs Secretary?
- Which committee has been constituted by the Union Government to suggest improvements in National Sports Development Code (NSDC)?
- Narendra Modi to inaugurat the ‘Stand Up India’ scheme on ?
- Name the Constitutionalist recommending the abolition of the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS), who died recently.