- Q. - Who recently became the first Indian to win the Capablanca Memorial Chess tournament at Varadero, Cuba?
Description Of This Question
Indian Grandmaster Krishnan Sasikiran won the 52nd Capablanca Memorial Chess tournament at Varadero, Cuba. With this, he became the first Indian to achieve such a feat. To win the title, Sasikiran played out a quick draw against Isan Reynaldo Ortiz Suarez of Cuba in the 10th and final round to earn 6.5 points.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The one rupee note bears the signature of ?
- Who appointed as Brand Ambassador of ‘Digital India’ ?
- The South Asia satellite “GSAT-09” will be launched by ISRO from which launch vehicle?
- Gangmumei Kamei, who passed away recently, was the noted historian of which state?
- In which state foundation stone for the first Regional Vocational Institute was laid down?