- Q. - Which news agency will set up $1 million fund to boost BRICS media cooperation?
Description Of This Question
China’s state-run news agency Xinhua will set up a $1 million fund to institutionalize media cooperation among the BRICS countries including awards for journalists from the five member states. The purpose of BRICS media forum is to promote six objectives, including “balanced reporting”. The proposal would also focus on joint development of BRICS digital media, financial information services and promoting people- to-people contacts. The BRICS media forum is the result of a joint initiative by Xinhua News Agency, Brazil’s CMA Group, Russia’s Sputnik News Agency and Radio, The Hindu group of publications from India, and South Africa’s Independent Media.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The new Index of Industrial Production (IIP) series for India will be calculated on which base year?
- What is the theme of 2017 World Red Cross Red Crescent Day (WRCRCD)?
- Who clinched FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015 ?
- Which is the final Appellate Court of Justice?
- Which committee has submitted its’ report to the Union Government to protect the interests of the migrants?