- Q. - Mehrunnisa Dalwai, the renowned Muslim rights activist passed away. She hailed from which state?
Description Of This Question
Mehrunnisa Dalwai (87), the protagonist of a reformist movement ‘Muslim Satyashodhak Mandal’, has passed away in Pune, Maharashtra on June 8, 2017. She worked for justice and equal rights for Muslim women and spearheaded a march in Mumbai seeking abolition of triple ‘talaq’. Dalwai also founded Islamic Research Institute and Maharashtra Talaq Mukti Morcha. Her autobiography, “Mi Bharun Pawle” is considered an inspirational piece for progressive movement. She was the wife of prominent Muslim activist and thinker late Hamid Dalwai.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who became first Arab woman to officiate at Wimbledon ?
- Who has been bestowed with the 6th edition of MS Swaminathan award?
- Which of the following is a sink for CO ?
- Which racer has won the Singapore Grand Prix?
- Who was adjudged “Man of the Match” in the Second Test Match between India and Sri Lanka played at Colombo?