- Q. - How many Indian states share border with Myanmar?
Description Of This Question
The four northeast Indian states share 1,643-km border with Myanmar – Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur. It is in news recently, because the Indian Government has set up an expert committee to examine the rules which allow free movement of Indian and Myanmarese citizens within 16 kms of the border, but are exploited by militants for smuggling arms, drugs, and fake Indian currency. The committee will be headed by the special secretary (Internal Security) in the Ministry of Home Affairs. The committee will give its report for uniform and effective implementation of free movement regime within 3 months. It will also prepare standard operating procedures common for all the four states so that militants, criminals and contraband are filtered at the border without causing inconvenience to genuine people.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What campaign has India started to help Bangladesh to deal with the problem of transplant Rohingya refugees?
- Which is the highest green golf course in the world, at an altitude of 2,650 m, and is the country’s premier ski resort in the winter?
- Which Two Countries sign MoU in the field of Civil Aviation ?
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Coach of Indian Senior Men Hockey Team?
- India’s first public bicycle sharing project was launched in _________.