- Q. - Konstantinos Mitsotakis, who passed away recently, was the former Prime Minister of which country?
Description Of This Question
Konstantinos Mitsotakis (98), the former conservative Prime Minister of Greece, has recently passed away in Athens, Greece on May 29, 2017. He will be remembered for fierce confrontations with Greece’s liberal and socialist parties as well as early free-market reforms during a 60-year political career. He was credited with starting unpopular free-market policies, which were quietly continued by later governments, and with improving relations with Turkey. But he was often considered a divisive figure in a country struggling to escape its volatile political history.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Where is the headquarters of the think-tank Atlantic Council (AC)?
- Which Indian manufacturing sector registered a record growth last financial year?
- The new Index of Industrial Production (IIP) series for India will be calculated on which base year?
- Which drug can help shield foetus from Zika virus, according to a recent finding?
- The first Sultan of Delhi to issue regular currency and declare Delhi as the capital of his empire was ?