- Q. - ISRO has successfully launched GSAT-19 communication satellite through which launch vehicle?
Description Of This Question
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched its 3136 kg GSAT-19 communication satellite with its brand new and heaviest – Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark-III D-1 (GSLV-Mk III D-1) satellite into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on June 5, 2017. The satellite GSAT-19 has an intended life span of 10 years and is developed to improve telecommunication and broadcasting areas. The GSLV-Mk III is popularly known as “fat boy” and is developed for 15 years at a cost of around Rs 300 crore. The rocket is capable of carrying payloads of up to 4,000 kg into the GTO and 10,000 kg into the Low Earth Orbit (LEO). The GSLV-Mk III is a three stage rocket. Its first stage is made of two strap on motors filled with solid fuel. The second stage uses the liquid fuel and the third is the cryogenic upper stage “C25”, which is powered by the highly complex indigenous cryogenic engine “CE20”. The number 20 denotes the 20-ton thrust it generates for the rocket to reach the intended height with the heavy mass on board.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country hosted the 2017 International Basava Convention (IBC)?
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who has won the 2017 Rotterdam Tennis Tournament, is belonged to which country?
- Who hits 6 sixes in an over in world cup T20 ?
- Which gas is used in yellow street lamp?
- The book “Mann Ki Baat: a social revolution on radio” has been authored by whom?