- Q. - What is the India’s rank in women workforce, as per recently released “India Development Report” of World Bank (WB)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 120th among 131 countries in women workforce, as per recently released World Bank (WB)’s India Development Report (IDR). As per the report, the participation level has been dropping since 2005, despite 42% women are graduates. The report states that only 27% of women of the age of 15 or older are working or actively looking for a job. Three of every five prime working age Indian women (26-45 years) are not economically active, meaning they neither work on a farm, nor in businesses, nor do they earn any wages. The report highlighted that India’s potential GDP growth rate can be boosted by a percentage point if women participation increased.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Name the second Nobel Peace Prize winner to die in prison.
- Which port has won “Rajbhasha Kirti Award” for 11th consecutive time?
- Which state government has recently become the registered proprietor of the GI tag for Banganapalle mangoes?
- The South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Finance Ministers meeting has strated in which country?
- Which country has banned use of anti-Islam words on social media?