- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 global Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 37th out of 103 nations in the 2017 global Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI), according to a new report by the Oxford Poverty & Human Development Initiative. The OPHI is an economic research centre at the Oxford University, led by Professor Sabina Alkire. The 2017 global MPI has covered 76% of the world’s population, living in 103 countries. The index measures the nature and intensity of poverty, based on the profile of overlapping deprivations each poor person experiences. It aggregates these into meaningful indexes that can be used to inform targeting and resource allocation and to design policies that tackle the interlinked dimensions of poverty together.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The Haj Committee of India (HCoI) is the statutory body of which union ministry?
- Which Indian cricket player has won the Sir Garfield Sober Trophy for 2016?
- Which Indian-American student has won the 90th Scripps Naional Spelling Bee competition?
- Who has become first Indian to finish toughest cycle race Race Across America (RAAM) in solo category?
- दो संख्याओं में 2:3 का अनुपात है| यदि प्रत्येक संख्या में 5 जोड़ दिया जाए तो उनमें 5:7 का अनुपात हो जाता है, तो बड़ी संख्या बताओ ?