- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 global Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 37th out of 103 nations in the 2017 global Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI), according to a new report by the Oxford Poverty & Human Development Initiative. The OPHI is an economic research centre at the Oxford University, led by Professor Sabina Alkire. The 2017 global MPI has covered 76% of the world’s population, living in 103 countries. The index measures the nature and intensity of poverty, based on the profile of overlapping deprivations each poor person experiences. It aggregates these into meaningful indexes that can be used to inform targeting and resource allocation and to design policies that tackle the interlinked dimensions of poverty together.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country is hosting the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize Ceremony?
- Which country won South Asian Basketball Championship ?
- Which country will host 2017 FIBA Women’s Asia Cup basketball tournament?
- Which of the following banks has become the India’s most-valued Public Sector Unit (PSU) in terms of market valuation?
- Tennis Player Sriram Balaji won against the top seeded player Seong Chan of Korea in the $10,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament held in Thailand. He belongs to which state?