- Q. - India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in Kolkata, West Bengal, which will pass through the Hooghly River. The tunnel has been constructed 30 metres below riverbed, just a few metres away from the famous Howrah Bridge. It will be connecting two main terminals: Howrah and Sealdah — each of which has a footfall of about 10-12 lakh passengers per day. With the cost of Rs 60 crore, the project is expected to be completed by December 2019. Notably, this is the first time in India that a tunnel has been made under a flowing river.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India liberated Goa from the Portuguese in year ?
- Who suspended by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 13th July 2015 ?
- In which country Energy Efficiency Services Limited ( EESL) of India has launched UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable Lighting for All) Scheme?
- Which of the following is the best indicator of SO2 pollution ?
- Which Indian badminton player has retained back her second position in BWF rankings?