- Q. - India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in Kolkata, West Bengal, which will pass through the Hooghly River. The tunnel has been constructed 30 metres below riverbed, just a few metres away from the famous Howrah Bridge. It will be connecting two main terminals: Howrah and Sealdah — each of which has a footfall of about 10-12 lakh passengers per day. With the cost of Rs 60 crore, the project is expected to be completed by December 2019. Notably, this is the first time in India that a tunnel has been made under a flowing river.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which company completed the $4.5 billion takeover process of Yahoo on June 13, 2017?
- The Domari language is spoken in which among the following regions?
- The 12th CII EXIM Bank Conclave on India Africa Project Partnership was held in which city?
- Which day is celebrated as National Science Day?
- Where did the Expo 2017 begin recently?