- Q. - India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in Kolkata, West Bengal, which will pass through the Hooghly River. The tunnel has been constructed 30 metres below riverbed, just a few metres away from the famous Howrah Bridge. It will be connecting two main terminals: Howrah and Sealdah — each of which has a footfall of about 10-12 lakh passengers per day. With the cost of Rs 60 crore, the project is expected to be completed by December 2019. Notably, this is the first time in India that a tunnel has been made under a flowing river.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has been conferred with the 2017 Young Scientist award from the Indian National Science Academy (INSA)?
- Which cricket team has won the 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy?
- Who awarded with Saraswati Samman 2014 ?
- What is ARP?
- According to the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill 2016, the maternity leave has been extended from 12 weeks to how many weeks?