- Q. - India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in Kolkata, West Bengal, which will pass through the Hooghly River. The tunnel has been constructed 30 metres below riverbed, just a few metres away from the famous Howrah Bridge. It will be connecting two main terminals: Howrah and Sealdah — each of which has a footfall of about 10-12 lakh passengers per day. With the cost of Rs 60 crore, the project is expected to be completed by December 2019. Notably, this is the first time in India that a tunnel has been made under a flowing river.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state will become the Indian state to opt for electronic transmission of postal ballot to service voters?
- Which Indian actress has won the best actress award at the New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF) 2017?
- Who was first female Judge of High Court?
- Sachin Tendulkar played his first Test at which ground?
- Which state government has launched e-textbook portal for school students?