- Q. - India’s first smartcard-based Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) initiative “Trin Trin” has launched in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first smartcard-based Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) initiative has launched in Mysuru, Karnataka on June 4, 2017. The cost of the project, partly funded by World Bank’s Global Environmental Facility, for the next six years is Rs 20.5 crore, covering the maintenance of the docking stations and bicycles. About 450 bicycles will be available for public use in the city. To rent a bicycle, the citizens of Mysuru or tourists need to register themselves either online or by visiting one of the six registration centres situated close to tourism centres and obtain a smart card after paying Rs. 350, including a refundable deposit of Rs. 250. Though the use of the bicycle is free for the first one hour, the users will have to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 5 for two hours, Rs. 10 for three hours and so on.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government signed an MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation under Regional Connectivity Scheme in order to boost regional Air connectivity?Which state government signed an MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation under Regional Connectivity Scheme in order to boost regional Air connectivity?
- Who given oath to governor ?
- Name the Indian player who lifted the US $15,000 International Tennis Federation (ITF) men’s Futures tennis title played in Singapore.
- Which Act has been amended by the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017 passed by Rajya Sabha?
- Union Minister for Chemical and Petrochemicals has inaugurated INDIA-CHEM 2016 International Conference held at which city?