- Q. - India’s first smartcard-based Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) initiative “Trin Trin” has launched in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first smartcard-based Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) initiative has launched in Mysuru, Karnataka on June 4, 2017. The cost of the project, partly funded by World Bank’s Global Environmental Facility, for the next six years is Rs 20.5 crore, covering the maintenance of the docking stations and bicycles. About 450 bicycles will be available for public use in the city. To rent a bicycle, the citizens of Mysuru or tourists need to register themselves either online or by visiting one of the six registration centres situated close to tourism centres and obtain a smart card after paying Rs. 350, including a refundable deposit of Rs. 250. Though the use of the bicycle is free for the first one hour, the users will have to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 5 for two hours, Rs. 10 for three hours and so on.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Mairaj won India’s first skeet medal at ?
- The Nobel Prize Series India 2017 has recently started in which state?
- New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum has been awarded By ?
- With which country Nepal signed an MoU for the development of 1200 MW Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project?
- Which of the following Indian peacekeepers to be honored posthumously with UN Dag Hammarskjold Medal for their courage and sacrifice?