- Q. - Which Indian Institute’s researchers have synthesised a small molecule codenamed 5g showing a degree of promise as an anticancer agent?
Description Of This Question
Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, in collaboration with researchers from the University of Mysore have synthesised a small molecule that shows a degree of promise as an anticancer agent. In particular, the inhibitor was effective against leukaemia. The molecule (a benzothiazole derivative), codenamed 5g, was found to be effective in inhibiting cell proliferation in both leukaemia and breast cancer cell lines.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who is at 2nd level in food chain?
- The World Bank (WB) has signed how much amount of credit agreement with Uttarakhand to improve quality of health care services?
- The Kane Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) is located in which state of India?
- The 2017 India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit was held in which city?
- Ashokamitran, who passed away recently, was the noted litterateur of which language?