- Q. - Which Indian-American student has won the 90th Scripps Naional Spelling Bee competition?
Description Of This Question
Ananya Vinay (12), the 6th-grader from California, has won the 90th Scripps National Spelling Bee competition by successfully spelling “marocain” in the final round at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland on June 1, 2017. She won $40,000 in cash among other prizes. Ananya is the 13th consecutive Indian-American to win the bee and the 18th of the past 22 winners with Indian heritage, a run that began in 1999 with Nupur Lala’s victory.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The book “Mann Ki Baat: a social revolution on radio” has been authored by whom?
- Recently World Immunization Week 2017 observed with the theme
- Which among the following was ranked world’s most affordable tech city as per Savills Tech Cities 2017 rankings?
- Which state government will launched anti-corruption induction training mandatory for government officials?
- Which two places in Kerala saw the laying down of foundation stone for two mega food parks?