- Q. - Which Indian-American student has won the 90th Scripps Naional Spelling Bee competition?
Description Of This Question
Ananya Vinay (12), the 6th-grader from California, has won the 90th Scripps National Spelling Bee competition by successfully spelling “marocain” in the final round at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland on June 1, 2017. She won $40,000 in cash among other prizes. Ananya is the 13th consecutive Indian-American to win the bee and the 18th of the past 22 winners with Indian heritage, a run that began in 1999 with Nupur Lala’s victory.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Researchers belonging to which IIT branch successfully produced white light using a mixture of two natural extracts, red pomegranate and turmeric?
- The Union Environment Ministry has organized the first-ever “Ozone2Climate technology roadshow” in which city?
- Which movement is initiated by the Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi as a part of Swachh Bharatand Swachh Puducherry initiative at Seliamedu village in Bahoor?
- Which University has appointed Rio Olympics Bronze medalist Sakshi Malik as Wrestling Director?
- Who has been appointed the new member to the Sports Authority of India (SAI)?