- Q. - Which Indian American has been chosen for the 2017 NASA Astronaut Candidate Class?
Description Of This Question
Indian-American Raja Chari, a Lieutenant Colonel with the US Air Force, has been chosen for the 2017 NASA Astronaut Candidate Class. He is among 12 new astronauts who will be trained for missions into Earth orbit and to deep space. Chari may become the 3rd person of Indian origin from the US after the late Kalpana Chawla and current NASA astronaut Sunita ‘Suni’ Williams to fly to space. Currently, he is a commander of the 461st Flight Test Squadron and the director of the F-35 Integrated Test Force at Edwards Air Force Base in California.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The 19th edition of Commonwealth Forestry Conference has started in which state?
- For which state’s Public Financial Management Capacity Building Program World Bank extended a $36 million loan?
- Which committee has been constituted by the Union government to improve Haj policy in subsidy issue?
- Indian Railways has launched an integrated mobile app “Rail Saarthi” for railway passengers. What does “Saarthi” stands for?
- Which boxer won the WBO Asia Pacific and Oriental titles?