- Q. - India and which United Nations organisation have launched partnership fund to promote sustainable development?
Description Of This Question
India and the UN Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) have launched a partnership fund that will support sustainable development projects across the developing world. The fund was launched on the occasion of the World Oceans Day (WOD) at a special ceremony held at the Permanent Mission of India to the UN on June 8, 2017. The India-UN Development Partnership Fund will implement country-level projects that are catalytic towards achieving the 17 sustainable development goals of the 2030 Agenda. The purpose of the initiative is to reduce poverty and hunger, improving health, education and equality, and expanding access to clean water, energy and livelihoods.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has been appointed the new secretary of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)?
- Who was adjudged the Player of the Tournament of the Women’s Cricket World Cup 2017?
- Which state is the India’s most corrupt state, according to latest survey by the Centre for Media Studies (CMS)?
- Tata Power (India’s largest integrated power company) launched LED tube light scheme in Mumbai to provide LED at Rs.525 against market price of ?
- If the current and base voltage of a 345 kV system are 3000 A and 300 kV respectively, per-unit voltage and base impedance of the system respectively are