- Q. - Where is the headquarters of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)?
Description Of This QuestionThe Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations for coordinating the economic, social and environmental issues, as well as for implementing internationally agreed development goals. Recently, it is in news because India has been re-elected to the United Nations ECOSOC for another 3-year term. India was among 18 nations to win election to the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). India obtained 183 votes, the second highest after Japan in the Asia Pacific category. The elected members of ECOSOC for a three-year term beginning 1 January, 2018 are Belarus, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Ireland, Japan, Malawi, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Spain, Sudan, Togo, Turkey and Uruguay. The headquarters of the ECOSOC is located in New York, Unites States.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who among the following persons presented the Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2014 to ISRO?
- Name the noted Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project Director has been appointed to the post of Distinguished Scientist in honour for his meritorious service?
- When is Army Day
- In a certain Language “TRUST” is coded as “SQTRS”. How is “DUST” coded in that language?
- Arrange the following political parties in descending order in terms of donations received from corporate houses between 2012-13 and 2015-16.
I. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
II. Indian National Congress (INC)
III. Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
IV. Communist party of India (Marxist)