- Q. - Where is the headquarters of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)?
Description Of This QuestionThe Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations for coordinating the economic, social and environmental issues, as well as for implementing internationally agreed development goals. Recently, it is in news because India has been re-elected to the United Nations ECOSOC for another 3-year term. India was among 18 nations to win election to the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). India obtained 183 votes, the second highest after Japan in the Asia Pacific category. The elected members of ECOSOC for a three-year term beginning 1 January, 2018 are Belarus, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Ireland, Japan, Malawi, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Spain, Sudan, Togo, Turkey and Uruguay. The headquarters of the ECOSOC is located in New York, Unites States.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian manufacturing sector registered a record growth last financial year?
- Which Hollywood actor has won the first-ever gender-neutral MTV award for Best Actor in a movie?
- Which city topped the 2017 Savills Tech Cities Index?
- Who Said To Hollande: You’re not a spy target ?
- Karan Singh, who passed away recently, was the Cabinet minister of which Indian state?