- Q. - Which company completed the $4.5 billion takeover process of Yahoo on June 13, 2017?
Description Of This Question
Verizon completed the US $4.5 billion takeover process of email and internet giant Yahoo. The takeover ends Yahoo’s 21-year history as a publicly traded company. Yahoo’s email and other digital services such as sports, finance and news will be run by Tim Armstrong, who has been running AOL since Verizon bought that company for $4.4 billion two years ago. Armstrong will now be CEO of a new Verizon subsidiary called Oath, which will consist of Yahoo and various AOL services.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has recently signed an agreement with United Nations and IIIT for setting up innovation lab in the state?
- What is the India’s GDP forecast for FY 17, as per latest report by the International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
- Who appointed as MD of Unisys Corporation of India ?
- Indian Railways has launched an integrated mobile app “Rail Saarthi” for railway passengers. What does “Saarthi” stands for?
- In which year was the first World Sanskrit Day observed?