- Q. - Which committee has been formed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on corporate governance?
Description Of This Question
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has formed committee to improve standards of corporate governance of listed companies. The committee under the chairmanship of Uday Kotak, chief of Kotak Mahindra Bank, will submit the report within a period of 4 months. The committee would make recommendations to SEBI on ensuring independence in spirit of independent directors and their active participation in functioning of the company and steps for improving safeguards and disclosures pertaining to related party transactions. Besides, the panel would suggest measures for addressing issues faced by investors on voting and participation in general meetings and ways for improving effectiveness of board evaluation practices.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The green colour seen in firework displays is due to the chloride salt of ?
- Which of the following remote Island has got its first commercial Flight?
- Which organisation publishes the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI)?
- System with More than one processor are called _______?
- An example of a sigma bonded organometallic compound is :