- Q. - Which committee has been formed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on corporate governance?
Description Of This Question
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has formed committee to improve standards of corporate governance of listed companies. The committee under the chairmanship of Uday Kotak, chief of Kotak Mahindra Bank, will submit the report within a period of 4 months. The committee would make recommendations to SEBI on ensuring independence in spirit of independent directors and their active participation in functioning of the company and steps for improving safeguards and disclosures pertaining to related party transactions. Besides, the panel would suggest measures for addressing issues faced by investors on voting and participation in general meetings and ways for improving effectiveness of board evaluation practices.
Related Topics & Questions:
- World’s oldest Cricketer represented South Africa has passed away in Bloemfontein at the age of 97 years. Who is he?
- Who became Speaker of US House of Representatives ?
- Who won Rugby World Cup 2015 ?
- Which IIT institute has developed ‘soil-to-soil’ technology to manufacture cheaper, quicker and pollution-free bio fuel?
- Who has become the new Solicitor General of India?