- Q. - Which committee has been formed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on corporate governance?
Description Of This Question
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has formed committee to improve standards of corporate governance of listed companies. The committee under the chairmanship of Uday Kotak, chief of Kotak Mahindra Bank, will submit the report within a period of 4 months. The committee would make recommendations to SEBI on ensuring independence in spirit of independent directors and their active participation in functioning of the company and steps for improving safeguards and disclosures pertaining to related party transactions. Besides, the panel would suggest measures for addressing issues faced by investors on voting and participation in general meetings and ways for improving effectiveness of board evaluation practices.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Government of India has launched “Soil Health Card” scheme for every farmer, which of the following is FALSE in this regard?
- Which of the following plays has been written by renowned Polish-US playwright and screenwriter Janusz Glowacki?
I. Antigone in New York
II. The Fourth Sister
III. Hunting Cockroaches
- With which bank BSNL has joined hand to launch new mobile wallet named “Speedpay”?
- Airports Authority of India flagged Ambulance service with Advanced Life Support Systems (ALS) in which Indian state?
- On which date World Bank released Report “India crossed $2 trillion figure” ?