- Q. - Who has become the new vice-chairperson of National Commission for Minorities (NCM)?
Description Of This Question
George Kurian, a BJP leader and ‘social and educational activist’ from Kerala, has become the new vice chairperson of National Commission for Minorities (NCM). The post was vacant for over two months. The appointment was made by union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (independent charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi. Former Maharashtra minister Sulekha Kumbhare, Jain representative from Gujarat Sunil Singhi and Parsi representative Vada Dasturji Khurshed Kaikobad Dastoor are the other members of the Commission. Gayarul Hasan, a social activist from Uttar Pradesh, is the new chairperson of the Commission. The NCM is responsible for safeguarding the constitutional rights of minorities in India.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which of the following ministries has decided to establish a pan-India National fingerprint database to aid in the speedy identification of criminals and investigation of crimes across the country?
- Who was the Nawab of Bengal during “Battle of Plassey”?
- Which state’s CM launched the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojna in the state?
- India’s first public bicycle sharing project was launched in _________.
- Who has become the acting Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Public broadcaster Prasar Bharti?