- Q. - Who has become the new vice-chairperson of National Commission for Minorities (NCM)?
Description Of This Question
George Kurian, a BJP leader and ‘social and educational activist’ from Kerala, has become the new vice chairperson of National Commission for Minorities (NCM). The post was vacant for over two months. The appointment was made by union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (independent charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi. Former Maharashtra minister Sulekha Kumbhare, Jain representative from Gujarat Sunil Singhi and Parsi representative Vada Dasturji Khurshed Kaikobad Dastoor are the other members of the Commission. Gayarul Hasan, a social activist from Uttar Pradesh, is the new chairperson of the Commission. The NCM is responsible for safeguarding the constitutional rights of minorities in India.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which scheme launched by Government of India for online release of new LPG connections ?
- In which date World’s Indigenous Peoples observed ?
- Which country to host the 2018 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)?
- What does mean WAN, What is the full form of WAN ?
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology 2015 given to 11 Scientists in how many categories ?