- Q. - Who became the first Latvian Grand Slam Champion by winning the women’s singles title of 2017 French Open?
Description Of This Question
Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia overpowered favourite Simona Halep of Romania to win the women’s singles title of the French Open 2017. She defeated Halep 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 in the final at Roland Gaross. It was not only her first title of any kind but also became the first Latvian Grand Slam champion. Also, she became the first unseeded player to win the title since Briton Margaret Scriven in 1933.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Gregg Allaman, the renowned musician passed away. He hailed from which country?
- Who became 1st Lokayukta of India to be removed by Assembly ?
- Mangesh Tendulkar, the renowned cartoonist has passed away. He hailed from which state?
- Which element is used in nuclear fission to observe neurons?
- Gayatri Pullela is associated with which sports?