- Q. - Who became the first Latvian Grand Slam Champion by winning the women’s singles title of 2017 French Open?
Description Of This Question
Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia overpowered favourite Simona Halep of Romania to win the women’s singles title of the French Open 2017. She defeated Halep 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 in the final at Roland Gaross. It was not only her first title of any kind but also became the first Latvian Grand Slam champion. Also, she became the first unseeded player to win the title since Briton Margaret Scriven in 1933.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The book “Death Under The Deodars: The Adventures of Miss Ripley-Bean” has been authored by whom?
- What was the retail inflation, as measured by Consumer Price Index (CPI), during July 2017?
- Who is the Chief Minister of Manipur ?
- Mairaj won India’s first skeet medal at ?
- Who has become the first Indian to win gold at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship?