- Q. - Who became the first Latvian Grand Slam Champion by winning the women’s singles title of 2017 French Open?
Description Of This Question
Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia overpowered favourite Simona Halep of Romania to win the women’s singles title of the French Open 2017. She defeated Halep 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 in the final at Roland Gaross. It was not only her first title of any kind but also became the first Latvian Grand Slam champion. Also, she became the first unseeded player to win the title since Briton Margaret Scriven in 1933.
Related Topics & Questions:
- PM Modi introduced coin of 125 and 10 rupee in the memory of who among the following?
- Which movie has won the Best Picture award at 89th Oscar Academy Awards?
- By which year the Union Government has targeted to install 60 Giga Watts wind power capacity?
- Recently in which country Global Mobile Internet conference was held?
- The World Sports Journalist Day (WSJD) is observed on which date?