- Q. - Who is the author of the book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature”?
Description Of This Question
The book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature” presents the former prime minister’s life as a naturalist and examines how she steered India’s conservation policy, which is authored by Jairam Ramesh, the senior Congress leader and former Environment Minister . The author noted that Mrs. Gandhi used her political authority to save ecologically sensitive areas from destruction like the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the entire northeast and the rainforests in the Western Ghats. The book also refers to Indira Gandhi’s association with nature lovers Salim Ali, Billy Arjan Singh, Sunderlal Bahuguna and Anne Wright. In all, the book highlighted the former PM Indira Gandhi’s love for nature, wildlife and forests.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who created a new record in football match under Pacific Games 2015 ?
- Who invented Atom bomb ?
- She’s very good _______ making friends and influencing people.
- River Brahmaputra doesn’t flows in which country?
- What is the India’s rank in women workforce, as per recently released “India Development Report” of World Bank (WB)?