- Q. - Who is the author of the book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature”?
Description Of This Question
The book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature” presents the former prime minister’s life as a naturalist and examines how she steered India’s conservation policy, which is authored by Jairam Ramesh, the senior Congress leader and former Environment Minister . The author noted that Mrs. Gandhi used her political authority to save ecologically sensitive areas from destruction like the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the entire northeast and the rainforests in the Western Ghats. The book also refers to Indira Gandhi’s association with nature lovers Salim Ali, Billy Arjan Singh, Sunderlal Bahuguna and Anne Wright. In all, the book highlighted the former PM Indira Gandhi’s love for nature, wildlife and forests.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Name the malicious software that aIected various computers recently and restricted users’ access to it until a ransom is paid to unlock it?
- Which state is the India’s most corrupt state, according to latest survey by the Centre for Media Studies (CMS)?
- Which gas is responsible for depletion of ozone layer around earth which protect us from harmful ultra-violet rays?
- On 29th March 2016 ___________ gets its first stock public listing ?
- The 2016 National conference on labour will be hosted by which city of India?