- Q. - Who is the author of the book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature”?
Description Of This Question
The book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature” presents the former prime minister’s life as a naturalist and examines how she steered India’s conservation policy, which is authored by Jairam Ramesh, the senior Congress leader and former Environment Minister . The author noted that Mrs. Gandhi used her political authority to save ecologically sensitive areas from destruction like the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the entire northeast and the rainforests in the Western Ghats. The book also refers to Indira Gandhi’s association with nature lovers Salim Ali, Billy Arjan Singh, Sunderlal Bahuguna and Anne Wright. In all, the book highlighted the former PM Indira Gandhi’s love for nature, wildlife and forests.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India’s 1st Hi-speed Rural Broadband Network has been commissioned in a district of ?
- Which country has won the 2017 Ice Hockey World Championship?
- ‘Matoshree’ the book authored by Sumitra Mahajan is on which of the following characters?
- Which Indian squah player has won gold at 2017 Asian Continental Women Blitz Chess Championship?
- Which country is hosting the 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games?