- Q. - Amul has signed MoU with which organisation for fodder acreage estimation using space technology?
Description Of This Question
The Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has signed MoU with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for fodder assessment using satellite observation and space technology. GCMMF markets its products under the brand name of ‘Amul’. As per the agreement, ISRO will help in identification between food crops and fodder crops at village level and also locate suitable areas of current fallows and cultivable wastelands at village level for green fodder cultivation. Currently, Amul is procuring around 150 lakh litres of milk daily from around 35 lakh milk producer members from over 18,500 villages.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who among the following is not one of the winners of 2017 Kalinga Literary Awards announced by the Odisha government?
- नीति आयोग है एक
- Barbara Tarbuck, who passed away recently, was the noted actress of which country?
- Which country hosted the 3rd edition of World Conference on Environment?
- Liu Xiaobo, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate has passed away. He hailed from which country?