- Q. - Amul has signed MoU with which organisation for fodder acreage estimation using space technology?
Description Of This Question
The Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has signed MoU with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for fodder assessment using satellite observation and space technology. GCMMF markets its products under the brand name of ‘Amul’. As per the agreement, ISRO will help in identification between food crops and fodder crops at village level and also locate suitable areas of current fallows and cultivable wastelands at village level for green fodder cultivation. Currently, Amul is procuring around 150 lakh litres of milk daily from around 35 lakh milk producer members from over 18,500 villages.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Cell found in plant not in animal?
- The world’s biggest-ever X- ray laser “European XFEL” has generated its first X-ray laser light from which country?
- Which insurance company has tied up with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for capital support to enterprises?
- Which among the following commodity that have been granted Geographical Indications this fiscal year by the Indian patent office?
- INS Sardar Patel commissioned in Coastal town of Gujarat at which place ?