- Q. - Amul has signed MoU with which organisation for fodder acreage estimation using space technology?
Description Of This Question
The Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has signed MoU with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for fodder assessment using satellite observation and space technology. GCMMF markets its products under the brand name of ‘Amul’. As per the agreement, ISRO will help in identification between food crops and fodder crops at village level and also locate suitable areas of current fallows and cultivable wastelands at village level for green fodder cultivation. Currently, Amul is procuring around 150 lakh litres of milk daily from around 35 lakh milk producer members from over 18,500 villages.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the percentage of Nitrogen in Air?
- India’s Southern rivers?
- Which Indian bank has tied up with Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) to boost trade with Latin America?
- Which Country will be International auto components hub : Honda ?
- The International Museum Day (IMD) is observed on which date?