- Q. - What is the 2017 theme of World No Tobacco Day (WNTD)?
Description Of This Question
The World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed every year on May 31 to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption around the globe. The day is further intended to draw attention to the widespread prevalence of tobacco use and to negative health effects, which currently lead to nearly 6 million deaths each year worldwide, including 600,000 of which are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke. The 2017 theme “Tobacco – a threat to development” has been set by the World Health Organization (WHO). The campaign aims to demonstrate the threats that the tobacco industry poses to sustainable development, including the health and economic well-being of citizens in all countries.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Headquarters of European Union(EU) is situated in ?
- The 2017 National Youth Festival will be held in which state?
- Which of the following companies has launched “Digital Unlocked” the training program for Indian small businesses?
- Which country has become the world’s largest importer of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), according to Petroleum Planning & Analysis cell?
- Salt Satyagraha lead by which leader in tamilnadu?