- Q. - What is the 2017 theme of World No Tobacco Day (WNTD)?
Description Of This Question
The World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed every year on May 31 to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption around the globe. The day is further intended to draw attention to the widespread prevalence of tobacco use and to negative health effects, which currently lead to nearly 6 million deaths each year worldwide, including 600,000 of which are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke. The 2017 theme “Tobacco – a threat to development” has been set by the World Health Organization (WHO). The campaign aims to demonstrate the threats that the tobacco industry poses to sustainable development, including the health and economic well-being of citizens in all countries.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which union ministry has organized the 5th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM)-2017?
- From where our Indian Constitution has borrowed Emergency provision?
- Who is the newly appointed Defence Minister of India?
- On which date Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals suspended By Supreme Court ?
- Who is the author of the book “The Secret Diary of Kasturba”?