- Q. - What is the 2017 theme of World No Tobacco Day (WNTD)?
Description Of This Question
The World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed every year on May 31 to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption around the globe. The day is further intended to draw attention to the widespread prevalence of tobacco use and to negative health effects, which currently lead to nearly 6 million deaths each year worldwide, including 600,000 of which are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke. The 2017 theme “Tobacco – a threat to development” has been set by the World Health Organization (WHO). The campaign aims to demonstrate the threats that the tobacco industry poses to sustainable development, including the health and economic well-being of citizens in all countries.
Related Topics & Questions:
- 3rd India-Africa Forum Summit held in which country ?
- Which Act will be amended to provide proxy voting facility to Non-Residents Indians (NRIs)?
- Who awarded with Saraswati Samman 2014 ?
- What amount of Extra Budgetary Resource can be raised by NABARD during 2017-18 for completing a number of major and medium irrigation projects under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY)?
- Which two countries signed MoU for cooperation in field of Election Management ?