- Q. - The Union Cabinet has approved how much percentage of Central Road Fund (CRF) for development and maintenance of National Waterways (NWs)?
Description Of This Question
The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved the allocation of 2.5% of Central Road Fund (CRF) for development and maintenance of National Waterways (NWs) by amending in the Central Road Fund Act (CRFA), 2000 will provide about Rs. 2000 crore per year to boost inland water transport. In addition to giving a boost to the economy, the policy is expected to provide employment in the Inland Waterways Transport sector as well. It is estimated that 1.8 lakh persons would be provided employment in the Inland Waterways Transport sector in the next 5 years. Jobs are expected to be created for operation, management of fairway, terminals, barges, training aids to navigation. Currently, there are five existing NWs and 106 new NWs. The Central Road Fund (CRF) is a duty on excise and customs levied on petrol and high-speed diesel.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who was appointed as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Tata Motors in August 2017?
- Which state has launched a new housing policy by renovating over 10,000 old or dilapidated buildings from the suburbs?
- Which IIT institute will start ‘Vastu Shastra’ classes for architecture students?
- Which Indian bank has tied up with Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) to boost trade with Latin America?
- Who awarded with Grand Prix World Press Cartoon Award ?