- Q. - What is the theme of 2017 World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD)?
Description Of This Question
The World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD) is observed every year on May 17 to mark the anniversary of the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention (ITC) and the creation of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). The purpose of the day is to help raise awareness of the possibilities that the use of the Internet and other information and communication technologies (ICT) can bring to societies and economies, as well as of ways to bridge the digital divide. The 2017 theme “Big Data for Big Impact” focuses on the power of Big Data for development and aims to explore how to turn imperfect, complex, often unstructured data into actionable information in a development context.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In Which State ‘Mhara Gaon-Jagmag Gaon’ launched ?
- Jiratchaya Sirimongkolnawin has been crowned the new Miss International Queen 2016. She hails from which country?
- Name the oldest mutual fund house of India ?
- India’s first-ever “village of books” will open in which state to promote tourism?
- Which high level committee has been set up to examine working of regulatory bodies for AYUSH system of medicine?