- Q. - What was the name given to the unique microbus recently discovered by NASA?
Description Of This Question
India’s 11th president and its most famous aerospace engineer Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has now been honoured by the NASA by naming a unique microbe found on the International Space Station after him. The microbe is called ‘Solibacillus Kalamii’. It is no ordinary microbe. Till date it has been found only on the International Space Station and now the NASA has named it as Solibacillus Kalamii. Dr Kasthuri Venkateswaran, scientist, jet propulsion laboratory, NASA, Los Angeles, said, “The name of the bacterium is Solibacillus Kalamii. The species name is after Dr Abdul Kalam and genus name is Solibacillus which is a spore forming bacteria.” The space station is home to many microbes. And this unique microbe was found on the filters of the International Space Station as it orbits the earth almost 400 kilometres above earth. Dr Venkateswaran, who found the bug, is sure that it went from earth to the space station as a hitch hiker.
Related Topics & Questions:
- E Ahmad, who passed away recently, was the Member of Parliament (MP) from which Lok Sabha constituency of Kerala?
- According to RBI, all term deposits of individuals (held singly or jointly) of rupees _______ and below should necessarily have premature withdrawal facility.
- How much counted Indian’s Population On World Population Day ?
- Which country has won the 2017 Badminton Sudirman Cup?
- On 29th March 2016 ___________ gets its first stock public listing ?