- Q. - Mattuhunny Mathews, popularly known as ‘Toyota Sunny’ passed away. He hailed from which country?
Description Of This Question
Mathunny Mathews (81), popularly known as ‘Toyota Sunny’, has recently passed away on May 20, 2017 in Qadisiya in Kuwait. The funeral was held at his native Podippara, Eraviperoor in Pathanamthitta district, Kerala. He was an Indian & a resident in Kuwait, who played a key role in the safe evacuation of 1.7 lakh Indian nationals from the Emirate after Saddam Hussein’s Iraqi forces invaded Kuwait in 1990. Mathews was one of the founding members of the Indian Arts Circle which brought the expats together. He was the inspiration for ‘Airlift’, a Bollywood movie in which Akshay Kumar depicted Ranjit Katyal.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who will head the Alternative Mechanism to be set up for accelerating strategic disinvestment?
- V K Srinivasan, who passed away recently, was the noted personality from which field?
- In a windmill the power generated
- Which Indian table tennis player has won the 2017 Men’s singles ITTF Challenge Seamaster Chile Open tournament?
- The green colour seen in firework displays is due to the chloride salt of ?