- Q. - Mattuhunny Mathews, popularly known as ‘Toyota Sunny’ passed away. He hailed from which country?
Description Of This Question
Mathunny Mathews (81), popularly known as ‘Toyota Sunny’, has recently passed away on May 20, 2017 in Qadisiya in Kuwait. The funeral was held at his native Podippara, Eraviperoor in Pathanamthitta district, Kerala. He was an Indian & a resident in Kuwait, who played a key role in the safe evacuation of 1.7 lakh Indian nationals from the Emirate after Saddam Hussein’s Iraqi forces invaded Kuwait in 1990. Mathews was one of the founding members of the Indian Arts Circle which brought the expats together. He was the inspiration for ‘Airlift’, a Bollywood movie in which Akshay Kumar depicted Ranjit Katyal.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the India’s rank in the 2017 global Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
- Which public sector bank has launched mobile wallet “Bataua” for digital payments?
- Asian Games Held in India?
- The 2017 Pana Sankranti has recently celebrated in which state of India?
- How much amount has been sanctioned by the World Bank for “Third Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP III)” of India?