- Q. - KPS Gill, who was known for rooting out militancy from Punjab, was belonged to which state?
Description Of This Question
Kanwar Pal Singh Gill (82), the former Director General of Police (DGP) of Punjab, has recently passed away in Delhi on May 26, 2017. He was known for rooting out Sikh militancy from Punjab. During Indira Gandhi tenure, Gill mounted ‘Operation Black Thunder’, a critical success in the war against terrorism. In two tenures as DGP Punjab, he led one of the most successful counter-terrorist operations, bringing Punjab from the verge of disintegration to complete normalcy. He also worked for the Chhattisgarh government as a security adviser to help control Naxal activities in 2006. Gill was an author, editor, speaker, consultant on counter-terrorism, president of the Institute for Conflict Management and president of the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF).
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian personality will attend the 2017 St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) as a Guest of Honour?
- Jonathan Demme, the Oscar-winning filmmaker has passed away. He hailed from which country?
- Mario Soares, who passed away recently, was the former President of which country?
- बुद्ध ने अपना पहला उपदेश………………..के डिअर पार्क में दिया?
- Srinath Narayanan is associated with which sports?