- Q. - KPS Gill, who was known for rooting out militancy from Punjab, was belonged to which state?
Description Of This Question
Kanwar Pal Singh Gill (82), the former Director General of Police (DGP) of Punjab, has recently passed away in Delhi on May 26, 2017. He was known for rooting out Sikh militancy from Punjab. During Indira Gandhi tenure, Gill mounted ‘Operation Black Thunder’, a critical success in the war against terrorism. In two tenures as DGP Punjab, he led one of the most successful counter-terrorist operations, bringing Punjab from the verge of disintegration to complete normalcy. He also worked for the Chhattisgarh government as a security adviser to help control Naxal activities in 2006. Gill was an author, editor, speaker, consultant on counter-terrorism, president of the Institute for Conflict Management and president of the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF).
Related Topics & Questions:
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology 2015 given to 11 Scientists in how many categories ?
- Which country postponed the SAARC Summit to be held here next month after India along with four other member states of the regional grouping decided against attending the meeting?
- Operating system acts as an interface between
- Which of the following has been adjudged as the cleanest railway station in category A1, as per recently released report by the Ministry of Railways?
- What is the tagline of ‘Corporation Bank’?