- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 World Bank’s Power accessibility list?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 26th in the list of electricity accessibility according to the World Bank in the current year from 99th spot in 2014. It is because of Indian government’s rural electrification programme, over 13,000 villages electrified out of a total of 18,452 and are on track for completion within the targeted 1,000 days. Additionally, a person who applies for electricity connection should be able to get electricity in 24 hours if power infrastructure is available and in areas where there is no power infrastructure a person should expect electricity in a week.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The World Bank approved a US $500 million loan for this country to boost its economy. Name the country.
- Who awarded with GCHERA World Agriculture Prize for the year 2015 ?
- On 2nd June 2015 a conference on Make in India- Indigenisation of currency was organised by the department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India. Who inaugurated the Conference?
- When is Global Family Day?
- Which state government has recently declared 50% reservation in judicial services for OBCs, SCs, STs and EBCs?