- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 World Bank’s Power accessibility list?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 26th in the list of electricity accessibility according to the World Bank in the current year from 99th spot in 2014. It is because of Indian government’s rural electrification programme, over 13,000 villages electrified out of a total of 18,452 and are on track for completion within the targeted 1,000 days. Additionally, a person who applies for electricity connection should be able to get electricity in 24 hours if power infrastructure is available and in areas where there is no power infrastructure a person should expect electricity in a week.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which city M. Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate the third International Conference on Yoga?
- Which union minister has launched Operation Clean Portal for transparent tax administration?
- Which country has overtaken US to become the World’s largest Ice Cream producer?
- Which Bollywood actress has become the first Indian woman ambassador for Tourism Australia?
- Whose name has been approved by the US Senate to lead the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)?