- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 World Bank’s Power accessibility list?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 26th in the list of electricity accessibility according to the World Bank in the current year from 99th spot in 2014. It is because of Indian government’s rural electrification programme, over 13,000 villages electrified out of a total of 18,452 and are on track for completion within the targeted 1,000 days. Additionally, a person who applies for electricity connection should be able to get electricity in 24 hours if power infrastructure is available and in areas where there is no power infrastructure a person should expect electricity in a week.
Related Topics & Questions:
- With which state did the Airport Authority of India (AAI) sign an MoU for developing the civil aviation sector in the state?
- Which Indian institute has won the 2017 IEEE Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society Award?
- Former Union Minister and senior Congress leader Santosh Mohan Dev passed away recently. To which Lok Sabha constituency did he belong?
- Which one of following is not a satellite launching vehicle?
- During photo synthesis light energy is converted to?