- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 World Bank’s Power accessibility list?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 26th in the list of electricity accessibility according to the World Bank in the current year from 99th spot in 2014. It is because of Indian government’s rural electrification programme, over 13,000 villages electrified out of a total of 18,452 and are on track for completion within the targeted 1,000 days. Additionally, a person who applies for electricity connection should be able to get electricity in 24 hours if power infrastructure is available and in areas where there is no power infrastructure a person should expect electricity in a week.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Arjun Tulshiram Pawar, who passed away recently, was related to which field?
- With which country India has agreed to establish 2-by-2 ministerial dialogue?
- Where was the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam’s memorial inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
- Who prohibited FDI in manufacturing of tobacco products ?
- Who was selected for Prem Nazir award for the year 2017?