- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Healthcare Access and Quality Index (HAQI), according to latest Lancet report “Global Burden of Disease (GBD)”?
Description Of This Question
According to the latest Lancet report titled ‘Global Burden of Disease (GBD)’, India has been ranked 154th among 195 countries in the 2017 Healthcare Access and Quality Index (HAQI). The results have revealed that India, in spite of socio-economic growth in the given time-period, has not managed to achieve its goals in health care department. It performed worse than expected in tuberculosis, diabetes, rheumatic heart diseases and chronic kidney disease. According to the report, the countries were analysed for a period of 25 years between 1990 and 2015. The list is topped by Switzerland, followed by Sweden and Norway. The index is based on death rates for 32 diseases that can be avoided or effectively treated with proper medical care, also tracked progress in each nation compared to the benchmark year of 1990.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which of the following state was declared as the first organic farming State of India?
- What is the full form of MIDI ?
- Which state has decided to enter into Joint Venture agreement with Railways for rail projects in the state under the 51:49 equity partnership arrangements?
- Which state government has recently gave official language status to endangered tribal language “Kurukh”?
- Which city hosted the 4th India-CLMV Business Conclave-2017?