- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Healthcare Access and Quality Index (HAQI), according to latest Lancet report “Global Burden of Disease (GBD)”?
Description Of This Question
According to the latest Lancet report titled ‘Global Burden of Disease (GBD)’, India has been ranked 154th among 195 countries in the 2017 Healthcare Access and Quality Index (HAQI). The results have revealed that India, in spite of socio-economic growth in the given time-period, has not managed to achieve its goals in health care department. It performed worse than expected in tuberculosis, diabetes, rheumatic heart diseases and chronic kidney disease. According to the report, the countries were analysed for a period of 25 years between 1990 and 2015. The list is topped by Switzerland, followed by Sweden and Norway. The index is based on death rates for 32 diseases that can be avoided or effectively treated with proper medical care, also tracked progress in each nation compared to the benchmark year of 1990.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Tennis player clinch the French Open mixed doubles trophy recently ?
- Which union minister has launched PowerTex India scheme to boost powerloom sector?
- How many Million Dollar Fund is established by the BRICS summit ?
- Who has bagged the Sahitya Academy Award for translation 2016 has his book One Part Woman is a translated version of which Tamil novel?
- Which country has become the world’s first country to officially recognise parkour as a sport?