- Q. - India’s longest bridge “Dhola-Sadia Bridge” has built over which tributary of the Brahmaputra River?
Description Of This Question
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated India’s longest bridge “Dhola-Sadia Bridge” in Assam on May 26, 2017. This three lane, 9.15 kilometre bridge has been built over river Lohit, a tributary of the Brahmaputra river. It links Dhola in Assam to Sadia. The bridge will reduce the distance from Rupai on NH- 37 in Assam to Meka-Roing on NH-52 in Arunachal Pradesh by 165 KM. The travel time between the two places will come down from the current six hours to just one hour, a total five hour reduction. This will result in saving of petrol and diesel worth Rs 10 Lakh per day. It will also cater to the strategic requirements of the country in the border areas of Arunachal Pradesh, besides facilitating numerous hydro power projects coming up in the state.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Shyam Kumar is associated with which sports?
- When is World Laughter Day?
- India Brand Equity Foundation established by which union ministry ?
- On which Date Heritage Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) launched ?
- Sandeep Singh, who has been bestowed with the honorary degree for sporting excellence, is related to which sports?