- Q. - Which Indian scientist has won the 2017 Dan David prize in the “Future” category?
Description Of This Question
Indian scientist Shrinivas Kulkarni has won the prestigious 2017 Dan David prize in the “Future” category for his contribution in the field of astronomy. The “Future” category for 2017 is being shared by Kulkarni with two other recipients — Andrej Udalski of the University of Warsaw and Neil Gehrels of NASA — for their discoveries on time-domain astrophysics at festive awards ceremony in Tel Aviv, Israel on May 21, 2017. Kulkarni is a professor of astrophysics and planetary science at California Institute of Technology in Pasadenan, United States. The three Dan David prizes of $1 million each are given every year in the categories of “Past”, “Present” and “Future” to people around the world who have made outstanding contributions to humanity in the sciences, humanities, or through their work in civil society.
Related Topics & Questions:
- When the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana approved by Cabinet Committee ?
- On 7th September which scheme launched by the State Government of Tamil Nadu ?
- Recently a project launched by State Bank of India ?
- Which of the following state was declared as the first organic farming State of India?
- Which Indian diplomat has been appointed as the member of the United Nations (UN)’ Joint Inspection Unit (JIU)?