- Q. - Which Indian scientist has won the 2017 Dan David prize in the “Future” category?
Description Of This Question
Indian scientist Shrinivas Kulkarni has won the prestigious 2017 Dan David prize in the “Future” category for his contribution in the field of astronomy. The “Future” category for 2017 is being shared by Kulkarni with two other recipients — Andrej Udalski of the University of Warsaw and Neil Gehrels of NASA — for their discoveries on time-domain astrophysics at festive awards ceremony in Tel Aviv, Israel on May 21, 2017. Kulkarni is a professor of astrophysics and planetary science at California Institute of Technology in Pasadenan, United States. The three Dan David prizes of $1 million each are given every year in the categories of “Past”, “Present” and “Future” to people around the world who have made outstanding contributions to humanity in the sciences, humanities, or through their work in civil society.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which President died recently due to severe stroke that the Government announced the ending over a quarter of a century of his iron-fisted rule in the Central Asian nation?
- India’s first-ever transgender athletic meet was held in which state?
- 3rd India-Africa Forum Summit held in which country ?
- What is the theme of 2017 World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD)?
- Against which country Indian men’s Hockey team registered 4-3 win to seal the two-match hockey series?