- Q. - Which IIT institute has collaborated with the British Geological Survey (BGS) to turn Varanasi into a smart city?
Description Of This Question
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur has collaborated with the British Geological Survey (BGS) to turn Varanasi into a smart city. As part of the project, three dimensional geological modelling of the geology under Varanasi will be prepared to help improve the building of new transport and service infrastructure. The project includes application of geo-scientific methods like drilling, geological, geophysical, tectonics, hydrogeological and remote sensing. It would be the first major 3D subsurface urban study and planning of its kind in India, with the ultimate aim of developing methodologies and input of suburban geology for planning and hazard risk assessment. The purpose of the project is to develop the methodologies and approaches of urban geosciences and engineering of Varanasi as a pilot for other Indian cities.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The book “Just Another Jihadi Jane” has been authored by whom?
- What is the India’s rank in the 2017 global Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
- Who has been appointed as the full time Interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
- The International Buddhist conference on “Buddhism in 2lst Century” has started in which state?
- Who has been honoured with the first-ever Kuldip Nayar journalism award 2017?