- Q. - Which IIT institute has collaborated with the British Geological Survey (BGS) to turn Varanasi into a smart city?
Description Of This Question
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur has collaborated with the British Geological Survey (BGS) to turn Varanasi into a smart city. As part of the project, three dimensional geological modelling of the geology under Varanasi will be prepared to help improve the building of new transport and service infrastructure. The project includes application of geo-scientific methods like drilling, geological, geophysical, tectonics, hydrogeological and remote sensing. It would be the first major 3D subsurface urban study and planning of its kind in India, with the ultimate aim of developing methodologies and input of suburban geology for planning and hazard risk assessment. The purpose of the project is to develop the methodologies and approaches of urban geosciences and engineering of Varanasi as a pilot for other Indian cities.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which organisation publishes the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI)?
- Who will head the Task Force on Employment and Exports constituted within the NITI Aayog?
- Which famous Indian Actress has passed away recently at the age of 82?
- The 2017 Assam International Agri-Horiculture show has started in which city?
- The Mouling National Park (MNP) is located in which state?