- Q. - Which high-level committee has recently submitted its report on Scouts and Guides to the Union Government?
Description Of This Question
The 7-member high-level committee on Scouts and Guides under the chairmanship of Harsh Malhotra has submitted its final report to Minister for State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs & Sports, Vijay Goel. The Committee has suggested mandatory revamp of the Bharat Scout and Guides and Hindustan Scouts and Guides. It has found a number of irregularities and anomalies in the management and financial management. It has further recommended for a permanent monitoring Committee to periodically assess the activities of both the organizations. The committee has also recommended that there should be government nominees on the Boards of both the organizations. It also stated that complaints have also been reported, regarding leakage of question papers related to Rashtrapati Puraskar in 2016-2017 in Bharat Scouts and Guides.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The 2017 India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit was held in which city?
- Manpreet Kaur, who recently clinched Gold at the 2017 Asian Grand Prix Meet, is associated with which sports?
- In which year will NASA fly Solar Probe Plus right into sun’s atmosphere?
- John Berger, who passed away recently, was the renowned author of which country?
- Who has been appointed the new chairman of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)?