- Q. - The Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
Description Of This Question
The Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary is located 10 km from the city of Jamshedpur in Jharkhand. It is famous for holding many elephants and other animals, which come downhill during the monsoons and winter and enter nearby villages and towns of Jharkhand and West Bengal. Beside elephants there are Indian giant squirrel, sloth bear, barking deer, wild boar, porcupine, mouse deer, pangolin and mongooses in the sanctuary. Commonly seen birds in the sanctuary are the falcons, golden oriole, Indian tree pie, paradise fly catchers, grey hornbills, Indian peafowl, different varieties of king fishers, herons, egrets, mynas, pigeons, racket tailed drongo, magpie robins etc.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who will be the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC)?
- Which Indian Chief Minister has been selected for the USIBC Transformative Chief Minister (TCM) award?
- Who has been appointed the new chief justice of Madras High Court?
- Consider the following statements with respect to ‘Nano Missile’ developed for Indian Army:
I. It has been developed by Dacharla Panduranga Rohith, a student of SRM University.
II. It is 1-cm in length and can fly by burning the red phosphorus.
- Which new pension scheme has been launched by the Union Government for the senior citizens?