- Q. - Which country has recently ratify International Solar Alliance (ISA) framework?
Description Of This Question
Nauru, the world’s smallest republic, has become the sixth country to ratify the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework pact initiated by the Indian and French Governments at the climate change summit held at Paris in 2015. The motivating factor behind the ISA is the need for continents like Asia and Africa to protect the environment while generating energy for development goals. Beside this, five more African nations — Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Somalia, Ghana and Djibouti — have committed to sign the Solar Alliance pact during the ongoing meeting of the African Development bank (AfDB) in India. This is the first time that India is hosting the annual meetings of the AfDB. The tiny island nation of Nauru is the smallest state in the South Pacific and third smallest state by area in the world, behind only Vatican City and Monaco.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian-American professor has developed a breakthrough therapy for treating Sepsis?
- Which city has become the first Indian city to won Pierre L’enfant Planning Excellence and Achievement Awards-2017?
- Who was selected for Prem Nazir award for the year 2017?
- What is the capital city of Manipur?
- IIM recently opened in which state?