- Q. - Which country has recently ratify International Solar Alliance (ISA) framework?
Description Of This Question
Nauru, the world’s smallest republic, has become the sixth country to ratify the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework pact initiated by the Indian and French Governments at the climate change summit held at Paris in 2015. The motivating factor behind the ISA is the need for continents like Asia and Africa to protect the environment while generating energy for development goals. Beside this, five more African nations — Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Somalia, Ghana and Djibouti — have committed to sign the Solar Alliance pact during the ongoing meeting of the African Development bank (AfDB) in India. This is the first time that India is hosting the annual meetings of the AfDB. The tiny island nation of Nauru is the smallest state in the South Pacific and third smallest state by area in the world, behind only Vatican City and Monaco.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Recently, which of the following organisation will organize the World Space Week?
- KPS Gill, who was known for rooting out militancy from Punjab, was belonged to which state?
- Which Indian personality has been selected for Japan’s prestigious ‘Order of the Rising Sun’ award?
- Richard Flanagan is the citizen of which country?
- Who constitutes Deepak Mohanty Committee to frame action plan on financial inclusion ?