- Q. - Which country has become the first Asian country to recognize same sex marriage?
Description Of This Question
Taiwan has become the first Asian country to recognize same sex marriage after the constitutional court’s ruling comes in support of legalizing same-sex marriage. The panel of judges has given the island’s parliament two years to amend or enact new laws, which could potentially make Taiwan the first place in Asia to allow same-sex marriage. It must be noted that South Africa is the only country in Africa to permit same-sex marriage.
Related Topics & Questions:
- First Mega Tourism Circuit of the country will be develop in which State ?
- Which life insurance company has been directed by the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to take over the Sahara India Life Insurance Company (SILIC)?
- Which Indian music composer has been shortlisted for the 2017 World Soundtrack Awards – a public choice award?
- What is the theme of 11th National Statistics Day observed on June 29, 2017?
- Where is the headquarters of the Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI)?