- Q. - Which country has become the first Asian country to recognize same sex marriage?
Description Of This Question
Taiwan has become the first Asian country to recognize same sex marriage after the constitutional court’s ruling comes in support of legalizing same-sex marriage. The panel of judges has given the island’s parliament two years to amend or enact new laws, which could potentially make Taiwan the first place in Asia to allow same-sex marriage. It must be noted that South Africa is the only country in Africa to permit same-sex marriage.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian personality has been elected as the vice-president of the Asia Squash Federation (ASF)?
- Which city is hosting the International Vision Zero Conference on Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)?
- What is India’s rank in AT Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index and which country topped the index?
- Which bank has become the first Indian bank to launch bio-degradable prepaid gift cards?
- Who among the following persons has won the prestigious World Badminton Championship 2015 in women’s single category?