- Q. - Which country has become the first Asian country to recognize same sex marriage?
Description Of This Question
Taiwan has become the first Asian country to recognize same sex marriage after the constitutional court’s ruling comes in support of legalizing same-sex marriage. The panel of judges has given the island’s parliament two years to amend or enact new laws, which could potentially make Taiwan the first place in Asia to allow same-sex marriage. It must be noted that South Africa is the only country in Africa to permit same-sex marriage.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is India’s rank in AT Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index and which country topped the index?
- Who appointed as 43rd Chief Justice of India ?
- Who became the first athlete ever to win 10 consecutive global track distance titles?
- Recently, who among the following persons has been appointed as MD of Gillette India ?
- Haryana Government to develop which city as Smart City ?